Over the past few decades the Herndon downtown has been the object of several revitalization plans.
- I will be an aggressive voice on the council and to the business community that Herndon is recruiting businesses to locate and build in the downtown area.
- Include new residences and pedestrian friendly infrastructure.
- Beautification of the downtown area is essential to attracting people during the day as well as in the evening. My vision is the center of Herndon will become the natural place for people to socialize, shop, and enjoy the day.
The extension of the metro line to Dulles Airport is a golden opportunity for Herndon. I am committed to ensuring:
- the zoning regulations are put in place in a timely manner
- funds are allocated for infrastructure and traffic improvements
- pedestrians and cyclists have easy and safe access
- the town will actively encourage redevelopment.
The Town of Herndon must focus on growing its tax base by attracting new businesses to town
- Restart the metro station area zoning plan
- Aggressively market Herndon as an attractive and friendly place to locate your business.
- Ensure our public infrastructure serves our residents, is attractive to new businesses, and meets the needs of the 21st century
Herndon is very fortunate to have its own police force that provides a rapid response to events.
- Support continued professional growth of our police officers.
- Have HPD become a regional center of excellence dealing with internet related organized crime activity.
- Reinvigorate community policing which has fallen off in recent years.
The traffic bottleneck through downtown must be addressed.
- Modify signage, reprogram traffic signals, and add dedicated turn lanes to direct traffic entering Herndon to use Herndon Parkway instead of cutting through the center of town.
- Traffic planning must include simplification of traffic rules and flow.
- Ensure citizen involvement in the traffic planning process.